Sunday, December 19, 2010

SU! CHRISTMAS CARDS

Here are some variations on a theme. I got the Christmas Postcard and Bells & Boughs stamp sets from Stampin' Up! along with their Deck the Halls decorative papers.

I used a sampling of the papers on this card and cut out the sentiment using Nestabilities.


More decorative papers here and the sentiment is stamped in Chocolate Chip.


The texture on the holly paper was made using the Square Lattice embossing folder.


I just love these papers. They really make the card special.


The poinsettias on this paper were so pretty, I just couldn't cover them up with a bow.


I actually cut the bells out of the top of the paper and pasted them here by the bottom left corner of the paper to make the card front.


Again, the paper is the highlight of the card. I added some holly embellishments by Anna Griffin that I found at Michaels for a little added dimension.


I really had a hard time getting into the spirit and making Christmas cards this year. Losing my Mom in October still aches in my heart, but my 17 year old daughter reminded me that nothing I do (or don't do) will change that, but making cards for others will cheer me and them up ... and she was right. These are only just going in the mail now, but I know the recipients will appreciate them nonetheless.


Merry Christmas to All!

Hugs,
Snoopy :D

6 comments :

Ellis said...

Beautiful cards Snoopy, good to see you back! =)
Merry christmas!
Hugs, Elenor

Our Little Inspirations said...

Oh My Gosh, your cards are all GORGEOUS!!! I love how you showcased the DP on each one, but I love that they're all unique and not the same! Beautiful job on all of them!
I wish you a peaceful Christmas season. I lost my mom in Nov 2 years ago, so it does impact the holidays, but we must live on for those loved ones who need us. Chin up! {{hugs}}

Loz said...

All FANTASTIC cards Snoopy.. I do Lovee the large Merry Christams sentiment..Loz

Faye said...

Wow, have you been busy!! Wonderful cards! Maybe I will see one in my mailbox. lol

Meg said...

Gorgeous cards! Have a very Merry Christmas!

Tricia Butts said...

Beautiful cards. Great job showcasing both the DSP and the Bells & Boughs stamp set. They are both favorites of mine and I will be sad to see them go. Have a wonderful Christmas