Thursday, January 20, 2011

COCOA MOUSE VALENTINE CARD

Hi all! I made this card for two challenges: Crazy 4 Cocoa Challenge Blog, (C4CC8) a card using Pink & Red and Really Reasonable Ribbon (RRR16) a card with a Heart Theme and Ribbon but it will also be going out to someone before too long.


This little Cocoa Mouse was actually holding a strawberry when I found him, but I cut him out so he could give a long stem red rose instead. He would've preferred to give a dozen but that's just too much for one mouse ... lol.

I had a lot of fun with this card and I improvised a lot. The row of hearts was made with a regular heart punch spaced an inch apart. I added the peel-offs to the top and bottom to complement the gold flower box. The dotted embossing reminded me of pearls, hence the little flowers between the hearts. I really wanted to add more pink to the card, so I went a little crazy with the bling. I finally stopped when I ran out of embellishment ideas ...lol. It's a good thing too. I don't think the card could handle any more embellishments anyway. I'm off to make some nice warm comfort food for my sledding teenagers.

Thanks for stopping by!

Hugs,
Snoopy :D

10 comments :

Carol L said...

I left a comment and as I clicked off, I realized I'd never typed in the scrambled word, so here goes again!
Your card is just amazing and so beautifully detailed with that long stem rose in a box! WOW! Thanks for sharing your creativity with the Cocoa Crazies this week!

Sue from Oregon said...

this is just the cutest and so very creative Snoopy!

Ritva said...

Very cute card!
Ritva

shersl84bed said...

I wish I had your creativity. I love how you did this card.

TA Carbone said...

Oh Snoopy your work is Fantastic. Miss talking to you

Hugs
TA
http://carbonescorner.blogspot.com

Ellis said...

Wonderful card Snoopy! =)

Hugs, Elenor

JustYolie said...

Pretty card..love the pearly flowers!

Stephanie said...

Oh my aren't we the creative one! This is so cute and I just love all the details, thanks for playing along with us Cocoa Crazies!

Lorie said...

This is soooo sweet, and way to think outside the box (LOL no pun intended)! Great job with this challenge. So happy you could join us at the C4CC!

Hugs,
Lorie C4CC DT

Bonnie - Really Reasonable Ribbon said...

Very cute card! Thanks so much for joining our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.