Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A DAY HEMMED IN PRAYER ...

"A day hemmed in prayer seldom unravels." This has to be my favorite sentiment regarding prayer, and I've yet to see it be made into a stamp. This week's challenge at the Crazy 4 Cocoa Challenge Blog (C4CC9) was to use buttons, and of course Cocoa Mouse. I decided to use the one with Cocoa and the thread, then I printed my favorite sentiment on cardstock using a font I got from Creating Keepsakes and went from there. I couldn't resist threading embroidery floss through the eye of Cocoa's needle and stretching it over to the sign. I also used the same floss on the buttons.


I took the sketch from the Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge Blog (SSS92) and used it for my layout. Here's their sketch:


I deviated slightly from the sketch by using paper across the center instead of ribbon. I placed a flower where there should have been three blingy things (although there are 3 ferns behind the flower ... lol), and I substituted buttons for the bow. The site says it's ok to deviate as long as it is recognizable as following the sketch, so there's no problem there.

Anyway, back to my favorite sentiment. It's the absolute truth. Things go so much better when you start your day with the Lord and keep Him with you all throughout your day. If any of you stamp designers out there are looking, please consider making that sentiment into a stamp.

Thank you everyone for stopping by!
Have a great day!

Hugs,
Snoopy :D

10 comments :

Carol L said...

I love how you used buttons on your cute Cocoa card! The dp's you chose are awesome too! Thanks for playing along with the Cocoa Crazies this week!

Sue from Oregon said...

So sweet!

cebelica said...

Cute card!

Loz said...

Super adorable card and colours Snoopy..Loz

Dawn Easton said...

ack! This is adorable!!!

Sandy said...

This is super cute and I love the sentiment! Thanks for playing with us at the C4CC Challenge!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So cute!!! Thanks for sharing!
Hey, I have a giveaway here, please come join in the fun!
http://pixiedustpaperie.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-wish-layout-by-jessy-christopher.html

Ritva said...

Cute card!
Ritva

Aussie Loz said...

thanks for the lovely comments on my blog - I do 'seal' my chalks with the cheapest hairspray I can buy. I never really had issues with it smudging unless i'd used quite a lot of chalk, so I bought some hairspray (haven't noticed a difference between brands - though some do smell nicer!) and I give my images a quick spray when I'm done. I also use 'make-up' cotton bud applicators to colour with, they have a fine pointed end and a flat end, makes the smaller areas a lot easier. And I can just throw them out when they're a bit too ratty! (A pack of 100 is around $2 in my supermarket)
Love that gorgeous image on your card, have a great day ♥

JustYolie said...

What a sweet card, I love the sentiment!:)