Tuesday, March 1, 2011

DIVER DAN GEL (WATER) CARD

Hi everyone! I made my very first water card today and I'm pretty happy with the way it came out. I followed the tutorial they had posted on Splitcoast Stampers (here). I showed it to DH at lunch and he informed me that it needed more bubbles. The two of us ended up sitting there squishing the bubbles back and forth. It was a lot of fun! I think any kid would be thrilled to get one of these cards.


I found some zip close bags at Michaels that were 4"x5". I put some hair gel in one of them, pushed out most of the air, and then attached it to the inside of the card front to cover the window area. I used some red sticky tape to anchor the bag there. Then, I placed a piece of cardstock over the edges of the bag on the inside of the card front, and trimmed the edges with some gold peel-offs.


I colored the images with Copics. It's funny. I placed each marker I used on the side table so I could post which colors I used. By the time I was done, there were more markers on the side table than there were in the marker holder. I think it would be easier to tell you which colors I didn't use ... lol.

Anyway, thanks for stopping by! Give this technique a try sometime. It's a lot of fun.

Hugs,
Snoopy :D

7 comments :

Loz said...

Fantastic card Snoopy.. Looks great with the gel in front..Loz

Shelley said...

It's fantastic! Great job!

Lori said...

Thanks for swinging by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment, I love gel cards by the way, I just can't stop touching them, great job!

Carol L said...

I hadn't seen this technique before, but it sure looks like FUN!! I can just visualize you both creating more bubbles :) Hey, it's family time and that's great!!
BTW, the goo on my card could be either pizza sauce, cheese, or any other soupy topping you put on your pizza! Thanks for noticing and leaving a comment :)

Mandy said...

Great card and idea,but I wouldn't be able to stop poking it...Love the scene....
Mandy x

Judi B said...

this is such a neat idea, very smart and the card looks a treat.

Sue from Oregon said...

a real fun card!