Hi everyone! I made my very first water card today and I'm pretty happy with the way it came out. I followed the tutorial they had posted on Splitcoast Stampers (here). I showed it to DH at lunch and he informed me that it needed more bubbles. The two of us ended up sitting there squishing the bubbles back and forth. It was a lot of fun! I think any kid would be thrilled to get one of these cards.
I found some zip close bags at Michaels that were 4"x5". I put some hair gel in one of them, pushed out most of the air, and then attached it to the inside of the card front to cover the window area. I used some red sticky tape to anchor the bag there. Then, I placed a piece of cardstock over the edges of the bag on the inside of the card front, and trimmed the edges with some gold peel-offs.
I colored the images with Copics. It's funny. I placed each marker I used on the side table so I could post which colors I used. By the time I was done, there were more markers on the side table than there were in the marker holder. I think it would be easier to tell you which colors I didn't use ... lol.
Anyway, thanks for stopping by! Give this technique a try sometime. It's a lot of fun.