Tuesday, July 5, 2011

SNOOPY TUESDAY ~ SNOOPY CARD

I've heard about this technique for a long time and I finally had a chance to try it. You ink up your embossing folder before you use it. Put your paper in and emboss as usual. The ink ends up getting in the negative spaces (behind the embossing). Here's my first try.



I've heard you can do this using a brayer, but I just applied my Stampin' Spots (little square ink pads) directly to the inside front of my embossing folder. Obviously with this one I just smeared away, not really caring about full coverage. I just wanted to see what it would look like.



Well, I liked it so much, I gave it another go. This time I went for more of a flag look. For the stripes, I just used the edge of the stamp pad. Clean up was a breeze. All I had to do was wash the embossing folder in cold water with a little dishwashing liquid and all traces of the ink disappeared.

This was so easy and so much fun! I will definitely be doing this again. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a great week!

Hugs,
Snoopy :D

5 comments :

Loz said...

Fantastic card Snoopy and it does look like the flag. I must give this a try..Loz

Sue from Oregon said...

Oh MY...my fave card of the whole week. I love what you did with the embossing folder!And of course throw Snoopy into the mix and you have a perfect creation! ♥ Sue K

Meg said...

I love this! So adorable!

Sharyn Knox said...

Very pretty card!

watch said...

Ha! quality cards. I've tried out this technique or pretty similar and it definitely creates some pretty cool results if you do it correctly.