Tuesday, August 28, 2012

SNOOPY TUESDAY ~ SHERLOCK SNOOPY BIRTHDAY CARD

(Click on photo to see details.)
I just love this little Detective Snoopy stamp, and I think he works so well for a boy's card.The funny part is I used some girly ingredients to make it. (Shh! don't tell.) 

The handle of the magnifying glass is an emery board I colored with some Copics and the paw prints are on a beautiful Paws Organza White ribbon that I toned down by attaching it to a strip of decorative paper.


This is a scan of the inside of the card. I used a flat card stock balloon sticker and some yellow striped twine to make it a little more festive. This picture was scanned so you could see the actual colors of the papers. 

The picture of the front of the card was taken outside in the sun so you could see the reflection of the metallic gold paper, the texture on the emery board, and the shimmer of the organza ribbon. The sentiments were made on my computer using the Comic Sans font and printed directly onto the decorative paper.

The inspiration for the magnifying glass came from a card made by Cook22 on Splitcoast Stampers way back in 2009. (Here's a link to her gallery.) It took me awhile to find her original card, and now that I have seen it again, I definitely want to CASE it (Copy And Share with Everyone) ...lol, so you will be seeing another Sherlock Snoopy card sometime in the future. Thanks, Sabrina!

Have a great week everyone and don't forget to fill out the Poll in the right sidebar to tell me what kind of cards you would most like to see here.

Hugs,
Snoopy :D

7 comments :

Pat and Meka said...

love your snoopy card...so creative!

..Karen said...

Fabulous card Snoopy! I love it!! : )

Faye said...

SO fun!

Sabrina said...

An emery board for the handle - that's an inspired idea! I know how much my brother loved Snoopy when he was a kid (he used to go round in an old flying helmet!) so I always feel Snoopy's a safe bet!

Loz said...

Fantastic card Snoopy..Loz

Ellis said...

Love your card and great recycling with the emery board! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Sue from Oregon said...

Had to laugh at the fun pairing of sentiment and image!