Friday, September 7, 2012

A PUPPY FOR CHRISTMAS ~ CHRISTMAS CARD


I made this card for the Winter Wonderland Challenge Blog. This is the first week I'll be able to play along and I'm pretty excited about it. The neat thing about this Challenge  Blog is that it isn't just for cards. You can make a decoration, a tag, a scrap layout, etc. The whole point is to help you prepare whatever you need to make for Christmas; one week at a time. How cool is that?

For me, Christmas cards are always a huge task. Since there's only 108 days left until Christmas and since I like to mail my International cards by December 1st, I only have 83 days left to get them all done. YIKES!

Anyway, this week's theme is Christmas Pets and believe it or not I didn't even think of my Snoopy stamp with his decked out dog house. Nope, I went straight to this cute little pup from Sweet n Sassy Stamps. I stamped the image on some decorative paper to paper-piece the stocking. Then I chose the sentiment, inks, and papers from Stampin' Up! and the Paw Print Organza Ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon.

The funny thing is the whole time I was working on the card, my own pup wouldn't leave me alone. Maybe it was the thunderstorms, or maybe he just didn't like me paying so much attention to an inanimate dog ...lol. Either way, he's happy now.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Hugs,
    Snoopy :D

8 comments :

Loz said...

Fantastic card Snoopy..Loz

Annika said...

It's lovely Snoopy!

I usually make my cards just a couple of days before Christmas, way too late to send international :(

Vickie Kertz said...

This is just so cute. Great job

downrightcrafty said...

thank you so much for your kind comment, and wow what a super cool gift of a puppy for Xmas and a gorgeous card, thank you for joining us at the Winter Wonderland
Hugs Kate xx

Marie B. said...

Awwww, cute! :)

Ellis said...

Love your puppy card, maybe something like that can be made a a pull up card! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Lynne said...

Your card is soooo... cute. Thanks for sharing. Lynne from OZ

Betty J Schaub said...

Very cute image. I love that Stampin' Up! stamp and you colored it beautifully.