Wednesday, October 3, 2012

MASCULINE GET WELL ~ SIDE STEP DRESSER CARD

I have been asking what kinds of cards you would like to see here (see right side bar) and so far there has been an overwhelming response for Masculine cards, so here's one for you. While this is not exclusively masculine, the decided lack of ribbons, lace, and other girly stuff definitely makes it a good choice for a guy.

The first time I saw this little piggy from DRS Designs I knew I had to have him and the coordinating sentiment. It also seemed like a perfect stamp set to do a Side Step card with. 

(Click on photo for better view.)
So I went to Splitcoast Stampers for the Side Step Tutorial and scored and cut as directed. From there I free handed the dresser drawers and the extra trim at the top.

I distressed all the edges of the dresser and the drawers with a sponge dauber using Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Wild Honey) and added brads as knobs. Then I cut a small rectangle, rounded the corners, and traced it along the center of the bottom edge of the dresser to make the cut out section. 

(Click on photo for better view.)
For the right side of the card I stamped Leonard Pig four times so I could do some paper piecing. I stamped it once on striped paper for the blanket portion; once on the pink polka dot paper for the pillow portion; and twice on white cardstock so I could layer the pig's nose and the flower.

The papers I pieced with are from SU!. The background paper is from a paper swap and the bear and medicine bottle are stickers that were RAKd to me so I can't tell you where they're from. The little hint of fabric sticking out of the top drawer is actually a sample of the Leopard Animal Grosgrain Ribbon I received as a freebie in an order from Really Reasonable Ribbon. (Gotta love those freebies!)

I made this card a week or two ago and had actually planned on saving this card for much later, but it seems there is sickness of one kind or another all around me (including me) so here's a Get Well Wish for Everyone I know for a quick and complete recovery.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Hugs,
Snoopy :D

11 comments :

Loz said...

Fantastic step card and design Snoopy...LOZ

Ellis said...

Fantastic card, love that image and that's a card I would like too! =) Never done a drawer o a card, might be time for that, need to make a tech card soon! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Trish D said...

He is so cute, and you did a fantastic job Miz Snoopy. Love it :)

itzamitzi said...

Your card is AMAZING! I love the dresser with the little piece of cloth hanging out. And that pig is so darned cute. I always refused to do "pig things" as we owned a pot-bellied pig for almost 19 years [Blossom died last fall.] NO, she didn't live in our house, but did have a flap covered entry into her little house built into our basement. That card looks like so much work, but it sure turned out great! P.S. I love the Snoopy that comes up as my cursor too. That really surprised me.

Faye said...

Wow great card
Faye

bumblebee creations said...

this is such a fun fun card!! I am loving the sentiment-it actually took me a minute to realize the pun---I also love the dresser--so real looking! Thank you for the freebie-I grabbed the doggie freebie down a couple of posts--so cute!!

Sharon Jones said...

Snoopy, that side step dresser card is awesome! I've never done one, but I am willing to bet that it's not as hard as it looks. You've done a great job colouring this and all the ebellies and such...Love it!
Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving some love there!
Hugz2u...xxx
Sharon
Inspirational Greetings by Sharon

wannabcre8tive said...

So cute, I love the dresser cards.

Sue from Oregon said...

This is the best card I have seen in days!!!

Anonymous said...

great male get well card Snoopy,lovely idea with the pig and the sentiment.
Kath Coughlan.

Ellis said...

Thanks for your comment and your inspirational card! =)
Hugs, Elenor