Thursday, November 1, 2012

A CHRISTMAS CARD

With only 54 Days left until Christmas (and about 29 Days left until my mailing deadline) I think I'd better get the ball rolling on some Christmas cards. This card is definitely what I'd call a happy accident.

(click on photo for larger view)
I was playing around with this ribbon slide and when I saw it up against the black satin ribbon (from RRR) it screamed Santa Clause to me. I used a deckle blade on my paper cutter to cut the white cardstock. I layered it on the red and wrapped the belt around it. Then I put that on the silver mirror cardstock. I hemmed and hawed about what color cardstock or decorative paper to put it on and finally I just went with black cardstock and added some silver peel-offs to go with the mirror cardstock and the bling. Great! One card done ... and only a 1/2 a bazillion more to go ...lol.

I'm going to enter this in Really Reasonable Ribbon's Challenge #59; Winter Holiday & Ribbon ~ RRR59.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Hugs,
Snoopy :D

4 comments :

Heather said...

Fabby Santa card! I love how you used the RRR ribbon in your ribbon slide! So fancy for Santa!! I love your little snoopy pointer :0) Thank you for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!! Hugs!!
Heather

Vivian said...

prayers for your family during this difficult time. your card is adorable!!! I love the simplicity, and the great idea for santa's belt buckle! thanks for joining in the fun at Really Reasonable Ribbon! - Vivian

Loz said...

Fantastic card Snoopy. Hopefully your family will be OK..Loz

Betty J Schaub said...

Very cute idea!