Thursday, October 10, 2013

HEY PUMPKIN! ~ HOUSEMOUSE CARD

There's a new challenge over at House Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge and the theme is "Hey Pumpkin". Well I have pumpkin stamps and I have House Mouse stamps but I don't have a stamp with the little meeces and pumpkins so it was time to improvise.
I stamped up my pumpkin stamp, sponged around it, then cut a hole out of the center just big enough for a little mousie to peek through. Then I added some House Mouse decoupage images in front of and behind the image to make my scene.

(click here for larger view)
I cut and mounted the image on a scalloped oval (cut with Nestabilities) and sponged a matching background paper. Then it was time to embellish. I punched out some fern pieces from black cardstock, sponged over a stencil in the corners and added a little bling to top it off.

(click on photo for larger view)
Once I had a card front done, I decided to mount it on an easel card base so I could have a little more fun embellishing. I sponged a doily with matching colors, die cut some decorative corners and grabbed some more bling.

(click on photo for larger view)
Here's the final product. I wish you could see it in person. It's so sparkly and fun. I'm entering it in the HMFMC155 Hey Pumpkin Challenge. Why not join in?

(click on photo for larger view)
Thanks so much for stopping by. Don't forget to come back for Free Sentiment Saturday. 

Have a great week everyone!
Hugs,

14 comments :

downrightcrafty said...

dead cute love the little mouse looking from inside the pumpkin a great card lovely shaping and colouring, thank you for sharing with us at the House Mouse and Friends challenge
Hugs Kate xx

Loz said...

WOW!!! This is soooo gorgeous Snoopy..loz

Linda W. said...

I love this pumpkin/meecere idea! How cool to create an easel card too for it! I'm sharing this one dear!!!

Lenoria said...

I love this card with all the bling! I have never tried an easel card but your's is gorgeous!

Ellis said...

Beautiful card you made and a great layout! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Lorraine A said...

Super cute card Snoopy :-) I love the little mouse peeping out of the pumpkin and the whole design of this is fabulous :-)

thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous card, so many gorgeous little mice - you have created a wonderful scene..
Thank you for sharing with us at House Mouse & Friends Monday challenge.
Pauline GDT
x
P.S. I have candy on my blog if you would like to take a look -
http://craftingwithcotnob.blogspot.co.uk/

Lori Barnett said...

What a great card! I love all the pearls and bling to go along with the pumpkin and mice.

riliska said...

Beautiful image and perfectly coloured and embellished as always.

Sue from Oregon said...

Pearls and Pumpkins! What a clever combo Snoopy! Love your little meecies with their pumpkins. This is how I used to play with my HM stamps...I think I have every individual mouse made and then I would put them into all sorts of scenes-so this card is dear to my heart! Takes a lot of imagination! Thanks for joining us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge my friend!

♥ Sue K

Sue said...

What a cute scene you created with those little mice. Especially love the little guy peeking out of the pumpkin, and wowzers to the inside of your card, just beautiful. Thanks for joining us for the House mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

Hugs
Sue

Asha said...

Super cute card, Snoopy. Love the doily detail.
xxx Asha Sunny Summer Crafts

Heather said...

A fabulous card - what a great design and colour scheme - your image is absolutely adorable and such lovely details!!!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at House Mouse & Friends challenge
hugs
Heather xx

Dot said...

What a wonderful scene you have made. It fits the HM&FMC theme “Hey Pumpkin” so well. I love the little mouse looking out, so clever! Thank you for taking part and best wishes in the draw.
Dorte,xx