Thursday, October 3, 2013

INKING STAMPS WITH COPICS ~ "WATERCOLOR" CARD

I recently hosted a swap where we were supposed to ink up our stamps with water based markers to get a watercolor look. It didn't even occur to me when I picked it and signed up for it that I don't have any water based markers.

(click on photo for larger view)
Well, I thought I'd try it with my Copics and see what happened. The only problem with alcohol based markers is that you have to work quickly before the ink dries. That's where my colorless blender came in. I covered my entire stamp in the colorless blender solution and then colored on top of it to extend the ink time and it worked like a charm! I still had to work quickly, but I got the watercolor look I was going for. Yay Copics!

Since I wanted the image to be the focus of the card, I left the embellishments to a minimum, but I couldn't resist adding some Dots Organza Ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon as a charm holder. The soft colors and textures blended perfectly with the card. The charm was one of a large batch I found on EBay.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Hugs,
Snoopy :D

2 comments :

Loz said...

This is gorgeous Snoopy.. Love the technique..Loz

Ellis said...

Gorgeous stamped card you made! =)
Hugs, Elenor