Friday, November 29, 2013

A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS ~ CROCHETED PUMPKIN PIE POTHOLDERS & APPLE PIE POTHOLDER / HOT PAD

Raindrops on roses & whiskers on kittens ... they're OK, but my absolute FAVORITE thing is Pumpkin Pie, so you can imagine how very happy I am at this time of year when you can find pumpkin goodies everywhere. Now I can add them to my craft room as well. Here's how it all began.

(click on photo for larger view)
I recently found a free pattern for an Apple Pie potholder (which would also make a great hot pad since it's so thick) and I knew it would be perfect for my Thanksgiving Day hostess as she makes the world's best apple pies. That's when it occured to me that by making the same "bottom crust", changing the "apple pie filling" color to a pumpkin color, and eliminating the "top crust" that I could very easily adapt the pattern to make pumpkin pies ... and I did just that.

(click on photo for larger view)
Don't they look yummy? They were a lot of fun to make and to give and I'm already working on some more pumpkin pies for another sweet relative who also makes amazing pies. Of course they'll need a really cute gift tag and you don't get much cuter than little House Mouse mice eating pumpkin pie. Aren't they adorable?

(click on photo for larger view)
I used Spellbinders dies to cut out the circle, scalloped circle and tag. Then I threaded some Autumn Leaves Grosgrain Ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon through the holes. So the tag's done. Now I just have to make a few more pies ...lol. I'm entering this in the House Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge which is "My Favorite Things" (HMFMC158).

(click on photo for larger view)
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful weekend and don't forget to come back for Free Sentiment Saturday.

Hugs,

3 comments :

Donna Hanley said...

What a perfect hostess gift, or for anyone for that matter. They are both darling apple and pumpkin. Your tag is just precious and I love the ribbon you went with here also. Thank you so much for joining us here at House Mouse & Friend this week.

Sue said...

Oh my this is too cute. Love your pie pot holders and the tag is a perfect match for gift giving. Thanks for sharing it with us and joining the my favorite things challenge at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

Hugs
Sue

Gail said...

These are totally grand - I never learned how to adapt a crochet pattern - now you have me wanting to crochet! Thanks for the link to the pattern - I hope I can work one of these in before the end of the year - Lovely job!