Friday, November 1, 2013

HOUSE MOUSE CHRISTMAS CARD ~ MAKING LOLLIPOPS OUT OF TWINE

I was watching a YouTube video the other day where the lady stitched up some Fabric Lollipop Ornaments  and it occurred to me that I could make a similar card embellishment with twine and Glubers (flat glue dots). I used my Bakers Twine Assortment from Really Reasonable Ribbon and started in the center of the gluber. I stuck the twine down and wrapped it around and around itself until I had the size I wanted. I left the lollipop on the acrylic backing for stability so I could pop it up on the card with pop dots.


I had the perfect House Mouse stamp to go with the lollipops. It reminded me of when my children were little and we would decorate a gingerbread house together every year. Of course, when we did it, no one had to stand on anyone's shoulders to decorate ...lol.

(click on photo for larger view)

I am entering this in the following challenges:
and

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Hugs,

11 comments :

Valentina Chirico said...

This is really a cute idea for cards and presents ^-^
Your lollipos are quite hypnotic, you know? ehehe
Have a wonderful week-end

Sue said...

Fantastic use of the baker's twine, and perfect stamp to go with the suckers. Bright fun colors on your holiday card too. Thanks for joining us for the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge and Blog Hop.

Hugs
Sue

Christine said...

Awww these cute guys are having so much fun..clever you with your hand made Twine Lollys..love em.

Thanks for sharing with us on at House Mouse & friends Blog Hop TWINE chall theme good luck.

smiles Christine x

Lori Barnett said...

Wow! Love your twine on the card!

Dot said...

How fabulous, love the image and the lovely twine lollipops, a super card, thank you for joining us on our Blog Hop and good luck at the House Mouse and Friends challenge
Hugs Dorte

America said...

GORGEOUS AND CLEVER use of the TWINE. What an adorable HM card. Thanks so much for joining the FUN with our House-Mouse & Friends MC Blog-Hop. Good Luck and hope to see you playing again this week on the "Anything But A Card" challenge.

Sue from Oregon said...

Yep, I would say you get my nod for the 'cleverest' use of twine Snoopy-oh so fun and oh so cute!!! Thanks for playing along with House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge! ♥ Sue Kment

Chrisann Majernik said...

What an awesome idea, Snoopy. You don't get any more festive than that!

cotnob said...

This is a lovely card, such an adorable image and your twine lollipops are brilliant, such a clever idea.
Thank you for joining us at House Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge.
Pauline GDT
x

Bonnie said...

Great card and I love your baker's twine lollipops! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge.

Nicole Picadura said...

What a fun card!! Thank you for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon.
Design Team - Nicole
www.scrapsandstamps.com