Monday, January 27, 2014

COPIC MARKER STRIPES BACKGROUND

Recently I was in a swap where you had to make your own background using markers. So I took a strip of paper that was 4 1/4" x 11" and made little streamer-like stripes from top to bottom in a rainbow of colors. I then cut it in half so I had enough for two backgrounds (in case I messed up).

(click on photo for larger view)
I mailed my swap card before I could get a picture of it, but the recipient was kind enough to take a photo for me. In this card I put the blue stripes on the left to go with the background paper.

(click on photo for larger view)
Then, since I had all the supplies out anyway, I made a second card. This time I positioned the pink stripes on the left and used a pink card base. It's the same background and stamps, but two different cards. (The colors may look slightly off since one was photographed and one was scanned, but they are the same in real life.) This technique is easy peasy and would be fun to do for a children's card or even with your children.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Hugs,
Snoopy :D

5 comments :

ellyscard creatief said...

Lovely card.
I like the bright colors.
Gr Elly

Linda W. said...

Oh how gorgeous - why haven't I tried that bg idea! Just beautiful!

Lenoria said...

These are both so sweet!

Edwina said...

Snoopy, I love your card! The Copic background looks great! Such a cute image you used. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

Ellis said...

Wonderful cards and great colorchoices for the background! =)
Hugs, Elenor