Wednesday, February 12, 2014

HOUSE MOUSE KNITTING DECOUPAGE CARD

When I first saw this decoupage sheet I knew exactly what I wanted to do for an embellishment; a miniature knitting project on toothpick knitting needles. To make the knitting needles I cut a toothpick in half and put the flat ends through some small pearls and glued them in place.

(click on photo for larger view)
Since I much prefer crocheting to knitting, I didn't have knitting needles small enough to knit this piece with, so I used two of my smallest crochet needles as knitting needles and transferred it to the toothpick when I was done. (After all, knitting a teeny tiny little project with embroidery floss is crazy enough, I certainly wasn't going to attempt it with toothpicks.)

(click on photo for larger view)
Next came the decoupage. Each of the mice has five layers with different parts coming to the forefront in each layer. I used dimensionals to pop them up. Here's a side view so you can see all of the layers.

(click on photo for larger view)
A few finishing touches later (including this beautiful Satin Swirls ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon) and we have the final product. It came out just as I'd hoped it would too. I'm entering it in the House-Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge (#HMFMC163). This week's theme is Amethyst & White plus one other color (in my case that would be the teal).
 
(click on photo for larger view)
Thanks so much for stopping by! Be sure to come back for Free Sentiment Saturday.

 Hugs,

13 comments :

Janet McLaughlin said...

OMG, this is soooo adorable! I love that you added a knitted piece! Just fabulous!

ellyscard creatief said...

Adorable card.
Gr Elly

Donna Hanley said...

Oh I love the teal with the purple. Great choice. This is a fabulous card and that little piece of knitting is outstanding. This card would be better than most gifts that would come with the card. Thank you so much for the inspiration you have given us with this card and thanks for playing along with us here at House Mouse & Friends. Really hoping to see you again soon.

Annika said...

Oooooh! This is fantastic Snoopy!

Annika said...

Ooooh! This is fantastic Snoopy!

Holly Young said...

Very darling! I love your little knitting needles!

Loz said...

WOW!!! This is Stunning Snoopy.. Love the little knitting needles..Loz

April Rogers said...

Love the mini knitting.. Too Cute!!

Ellis said...

Fantastic card you made and love the added knitting! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Sparkly Engineer said...

This is absolutely awesome. I love your tiny knitting!

Sue said...

Beautiful card. Love the mini knitting needles, very clever and matches up with the
image perfectly. Thanks for joining us for the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

Hugs
Sue

Lauren Hatwell said...

I love what you've done with this. The mini-knitting is so cute! Lx

sumo said...

I just bought this stamp and then googled it for ideas. Love how you did yours! Really really nice!