Wednesday, March 19, 2014

HOUSE MOUSE BOOKMARKS CARD ~ DIAGONAL DOUBLE POCKET CARD


Hello and welcome to Snoopy's Homemade Fun! I can think of countless times when I've been in the middle of a really good book only to be called away from it in a hurry. I don't like folding page corners so I usually grab a tissue from the tissue box to keep my place. But tissues fall out, or worse, someone else comes along to read your book and they move your bookmark to their spot. The solution? Bookmarks ... two of them!

(Click on photo for larger view.)
When I saw this background paper I just knew it HAD to be made into a diagonal double pocket card; the perfect spots to place two book themed bookmarks; one for the main reader and a spare for the guest reader.

Add caption
This is a view of the card without the bookmarks inside and the photo below shows the card when it's opened.

Add caption
This particular card is actually going off in a swap to a dear friend who loves to read. I also grabbed some SU! paper and made a coordinating envelope to go with the card.

Add caption
The images are from a Joanna Sheen CD, the ribbon and twine are from Really Reasonable Ribbon, and the eyelets were from my stash. I'm entering this in the House Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge ~ Lost & Found (#HMFMC165). It fits the theme because I finally found a way not to lose my place ...lol.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Hugs,

20 comments :

chrissy xx said...

GORgeous! The cutest of images and I LOve your paper..
I tend to have two books on the go at once lol. A perfect gift.
Thank you sooo much for joining us at House-Mouse & Friends..
GDT Chrissyxx
LOve how Snoopy helped me round your blog x

Snoopy said...

Thanks for the sweet comment, Chrissy!

Hugs,
Snoopy :D

Sue said...

Super fun card, love the design and the background paper, and of course that sweet mouse, hitting the books. Bookmarks are lovely. Thanks for sharing and joining the fun at the house Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge. Nicely done.

Hugs
Sue

Loz said...

This is soooo gorgeous Snoopy and the perfect Design Paper..loz

Heather said...

What a fabulous card, I love your double pocket card and those papers are perfect - such pretty ccolours!! Your bookmarks are adorable and bueatifully coloured!!

Thanks so much for joining House Mouse & Friends Challenge
hugs
Heather xx

Snoopy said...

Thanks so much, Sue! I had a lot of fun making it.

Hugs,
Snoopy :D

Snoopy said...

Thanks so much, Lozzie!

Hugs,
Snoopy :D

Snoopy said...

Thanks so much for your sweet comments, Heather!

Hugs,
Snoopy :D

Sparkly Engineer said...

Totally, absolutely wonderfully, kewl! Love that background paper and the duo bookmarks. Is the paper from the CD?

Snoopy said...

Awww ... thanks, sweetie! Yes, and it is chock full of so many more too. Love it!

Hugs,
Snoopy :D

Donna Hanley said...

What an ideal gift for a bookworm. It is just adorable and the background paper is perfect. So glad you could play along with us here at House Mouse & Friends this week. Hope to see you again soon. Wishing you a fun filled weekend.

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous bookmark card, I love your adorable image and perfect matching papers, such a brilliant design.
Thank you for visiting my blog.
Pauline
x

Snoopy said...

Thanks so much, Donna! I love playing along.

Hugs,
Snoopy :D

Snoopy said...

Thanks so much, Pauline! I just love your blog ... so much inspiration. :D

Hugs,
Snoopy :D

Sue from Oregon said...

Thanks for joining our Lost and Found Challenge at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge!

Dang, I must have forgot to publish my comment when I was here earlier-so sorry, but this is my second go round and peeking at your cutie card. Love the pairing of paper and image-very cool!

♥ Sue Kment

Carol L said...

This is a book lover's dream!! Oh my goodness, those colorful stacked books really look adorable! I love the images on both bookmarks and the fancy fold card looks like so much fun!! Thanks for playing along with the HM&Friends challenge! Carol (guest designer)

Snoopy said...

Aww ... thanks so much for coming back again just to comment. That means so much to me. You're a sweetie!

Hugs,
Snoopy :D

Snoopy said...

Oh, I am so pleased that you like it. It was really fun to make! Thanks so much for your sweet comments. They are truly appreciated.

Hugs,
Snoopy :D

America said...

Bookmarks, of course! Love your fun take on the theme with these super adorable Mousey designs. Thanks so much for playing along with us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge. Good Luck to you and please come back to join the fun again with a new challenge this week!

Snoopy said...

Thanks bunches, America! I just love playing in these challenges.

Hugs,
Snoopy :D