Friday, March 28, 2014

WELCOME SPRING! ~ HOUSE MOUSE CARD

To me, one of the first signs of Spring is the return of the robins. I love watching them hopping all over the lawn searching for food. With all of the crazy weather we've been having here lately, I'm finding myself searching for them ...lol. So I made this easel card with Spring in mind. 
(click on photo for larger view)

I thought I would show a side view of the easel card in case anyone out there is not familiar with it. I used a row of layered ribbons with some paper flowers on top as the stopper for the top of the card.

(click on photo for larger view)

Here's a close up of the image. I just love their little faces. I know that's supposed to be worms that the Robin is feeding them, but I colored them yellow to pretend it's shredded cheese instead. After all, they are baby mousies ... not baby robins.

(click on photo for larger view)

I layered these three ribbons from Really Reasonable Ribbon for the card stop and added some beautiful flowers to the center of the ribbons.

(click on photo for larger view)

Here's a close up of the layered ribbons. I love the embossed flowers on the green ribbon. It's just so delicate and pretty.
(click on photo for larger view)

This is a top view of the flowers on the card stopper. I used a scalloped prairie, forget-me-nots, and roses from PaperMart. (The roses were only $4.32 for 144 flowers.)

(click on photo for larger view)

Here's the whole card again (night time photo). This was the first picture I posted as I was trying to meet a deadline.

(click on photo for larger view)

I am entering this in Really Reasonable Ribbons Challenge #RRR91 ~ Welcome Spring! Now if it would only get here ... and stay here ... I could play with real flowers.

Thanks so much for stopping by. 

Hugs,

10 comments :

ellyscard creatief said...

Fabulous card.
Love the colouring and the beautiful ribbons.
Gr Elly

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

This is such a pretty card! I love your delicate coloring, beautiful flowers and clever use of ribbon. Thanks for playing along in the RRR Welcome Spring challenge!

Snoopy said...

Thanks so much, Elly!

Hugs,
Snoopy :D

Snoopy said...

Thanks so much for your sweet comments!

Hugs,
Snoopy :D

April Rogers said...

Love it! Especially the robin. Love them little babies. We had some then it snowed and the poor robins were all puffed out looking in shock like what happened??? Now that it is warmer and just some rain they are thriving.

Snoopy said...

We had several migrating flocks move through, but then we had snow again and I haven't seen any since. I'm sure they're just as ready for Spring as we are. Thanks so much for your sweet comment!

Hugs,
Snoopy :D

Bonnie said...

Great card! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge.

Snoopy said...

Thanks, Bonnie! Love those ribbons. :D

Hugs,
Snoopy :D

Asha said...

What a cute card, Snoopy. Pretty embellishments and I love how you've layered the ribbons. Beautifully finished.
hugs, Asha

Snoopy said...

Thanks so much, Asha! I had a lot of fun playing with them. :D

Hugs,
Snoopy :D