Tuesday, April 29, 2014

HOUSE MOUSE SEWING CARD

I made this card for a swap that required some sort of sewing; either machine stitched, hand stitched, or just an accent. I chose to do an accent. I used embroidery thread to stitch in some real thread where the stamped thread was. It went up through the needle and then over to the stuffed animal. I used the same thread in the button accent at the bottom.

(click on photo for larger view)
Here is a close up of the image. I colored it with Copics and then added soft highlights with Prismacolor pencils. I layered it on Nestabilities Floral Ovals and then added a little lace trim from my stash to the corners and placed it on some pretty background papers from Die Cuts With A View.

(click on photo for larger view)
I just love this image and think it would be fantastic for a Mother's Day card. It reminds me of the many times my mother repaired my toys, or hemmed my skirts, or painstakingly combed my dolls hair until it was looking like new again.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Hugs,

10 comments :

Loz said...

This is sooo adorable snoopy..Loz

Cathy Kuntz said...

I love this. What an awesome card. Who wouldn't love this card sweetie?

Snoopy said...

Thanks sweetie! ~ Snoopy :D

Snoopy said...

Thanks Momma Mouse! ~ Snoopy :D

Sparkly Engineer said...

This is lovely, I love the colors you chose and the thread is a perfect accent. I think this is a fun stamp to color. I like that you made the bear pink instead of the usual brown

Snoopy said...

I actually got the bear color from Ellen Jareckie. It's how she colored it on the stamp photo. Thanks for your sweet comment. ~ Snoopy :D

Beansieleigh said...

Adorable!! Love this one!... Have a great week! ~tina

Snoopy said...

Thanks so much, Tina! ~ Snoopy :D

Lynn Noe said...

This card is so sweet and adorable! I love the threaded needle, very neat touch. Delicately colored too. A beautifully made card.

Snoopy said...

Thank you so much for your encouraging words, Lynn. They really mean a lot to me. ~ Snoopy :D