Saturday, July 26, 2014

HOUSE MOUSE WATERCOLOR CARD WITH TIM HOLTZ ALTERATIONS DIE

Normally I would not put House Mouse and Tim Holtz in the same sentence together, but after I colored this adorable House Mouse image with watercolor paints for an "All About Summer" challenge, I was trying to think of how I would mount it on a card front.

(click on photo for larger view)

That's when I remembered that I got a Vintage Camera Bigz die in a bundle when I purchased my Vagabond machine from Sizzix and thought how cute would it be to put the watercolor on the inside of the card and get a sneak peek of it through the camera?!?
I just love when those "light bulb" moments happen. Anyway, since I used pearlescent watercolor paints on the image, I decided to add a little Shimmer spritz to the front of the card as well. 

(click on photo for larger view)

I used my 1 1/2" circle punch from SU! to punch through the layers before adding the camera. Then I mounted my watercolor on some cardstock, stamped a sentiment, and added it to the inside of the card.

(click on photo for larger view)

A little ribbon here and a starfish brad there and my summer themed card was done. I'm entering it very last minute into the challenge at House Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge (HMFMC174). I really hope they like it.

Now that the summer break is over, I'll be back to posting cards during the week and free sentiments on Saturdays beginning next week.  Thanks so much for stopping by!

Hugs,

12 comments :

Loz said...

Gorgeous card and camera die Snoopy..Loz

Gail said...

Super Cute Mouse - I have those watercolor paints and just love them!

Linda W. said...

I love this card dear - House Mouse stamps are always there for us! You do beautiful water coloring - I still haven't gotten brave enuf! But my copics are always there to draw me away. But this card with the camera die cut is totally awesome!

Ellis said...

Perfect summer card and great use of the camera die too! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Dot said...

Love your card idea of having a look at the image through the camera- brilliant. And the image is so very cute.
Thanks for joining the summer fun at House Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge and good luck.
Dorte x

Snoopy said...

Thanks bunches, Lozzie! ~ Snoopy :D

Snoopy said...

Thanks so much, Gail! ~ Snoopy :D

Snoopy said...

Oh, Linda you really have to give it a go! It's just so much fun. Thanks so much for your sweet comment. ~ Snoopy :D

Snoopy said...

Thanks so much, Elenor! ~ Snoopy :D

Snoopy said...

Thanks so much for your kind words, Dot! It was my pleasure to join in the challenge. ~ Snoopy :D

America said...

HI Snoopy. I love your Camera and Mousey Design. A Super fun and fab take on our Summer Theme. Thanks so much for joining the fun at HMFMC. Good Luck and Please come join us again this week for a brand new challenge. :)

Snoopy said...

Thanks bunches, America! ~ Snoopy :D