Tuesday, July 22, 2014

STAMPSCAPES WATERCOLOR CARD

I recently saw this card on Splitcoast and was WOWed by it. The artist had taken a Stampscapes stamp and colored it with watercolors. Well after looking at it for a few moments I realized I have that stamp and thought I will definitely have to try that one day.


So here we are a few months later and I finally decided to break out my watercolor paper and pearlescent watercolors (which leave a beautiful shimmery effect) and give it a go. Here's what I came up with.

(click on photo for larger view)

I'm still new to watercolor so I'm still playing with adding and removing color (which is how I made the tire ruts in the road). I dabbed a wadded up tissue in the sky to remove color and make some clouds.

All in all it was a lot of fun although I did hate having to wait for the paint to dry in one section before I could do the adjoining section in a different color. That's when I decided to stamp another one and go back and forth between the two. I still haven't made a card from the other one, but I'll be sure to post it when I do.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Hugs,
Snoopy :D

8 comments :

Ellis said...

Beautiful coloring you made with the watercolors! =) I like the tire marks!
Hugs, Elenor

Linda W. said...

Oh Snoop - this is absolutely adorable. I'm still waiting to do my first wc card. Got all the ingredients, just not gutsy enuf. You have done an awesome job! Come on over to MONDAY GREETINGS CHALLENGE at OUTLAWZ and enter it in the SUMMER theme! The code to use is GCC0721. Beautiful work Dear!

Snoopy said...

Thanks, Elenor! They remind me of the old farm roads we have out in the country. ~ Snoopy :D

Snoopy said...

Thanks so much, Linda! I've put my regular groups on hold for a bit while helping hubby get back on his feet. Once things settle down here I'll be sure to check it out. ~ Snoopy :D

Edwina said...

Hi Snoopy, I love this card. I like the looks of the watercolors. That shimmer looks great. I think it would look real good on ice and snow or waves in the ocean. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

Snoopy said...

Thanks, Edwina! Those are really good ideas. I'll have to look through my stamps again with that in mind. ~ Snoopy :D

Loz said...

This is gorgeous Snoopy..Loz

Snoopy said...

Thanks so much, Lozzie! It was fun to play with. ~ Snoopy :D