Monday, October 27, 2014

MASCULINE CARD WITH DEER

Hello and welcome! We had our Pastor Appreciation Sunday last week and this is the card my family gave to him. I water-colored the background before stamping the image (SU!). Then I filled in the lines to extend the image with Copic Multiliner pens.

(click on photo for larger view)
 
Being an avid hunter and a man of great integrity, it seemed only fitting to write inside, "For a 'deer' Pastor who sticks to his guns." I only wish I'd had a rifle charm instead of a six gun.  (Do they even make rifle charms?)

(click on photo for larger view)

I used some of the same background paper to line the envelope since it was mostly hidden on the card. I just love the Autumn leaves and had to showcase them a little more. :D

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Hugs,
Snoopy :D

20 comments :

KT Fit Kitty said...

Awesome card for your pastor! I find the masculine ones the hardest - love the deer!

Snoopy said...

I usually struggle with masculine cards as well, but with all the talk of deer season I knew exactly what I wanted to do with this one. Thanks so much for commenting! ~ Snoopy :D

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Wow what a thoughtful card for your pastor. I hope he liked it. Cheers Holley

Snoopy said...

Thanks so much, Holley! ~ Snoopy :D

ellyscard creatief said...

Beautiful created card.
Gr Elly

Snoopy said...

Thanks bunches, Elly! ~ Snoopy :D

vinita jain said...

I love this silhouette deer card with soft BG and love the envelop too!

Snoopy said...

Thank you so much, Vinita! ~ Snoopy :D

Cathy Kuntz said...

This is awesome. Wow what a perfect man's card. My son is an avid deer and elk hunter ,I need to make a card like this for him. What a wonderful card Sweetie

Mehrll said...

So nice for a man, especially a hunter! TFS

Beth White said...

I really like your idea of using the background paper to line the envelope ~ what a great way to show off pretty cardstock that is for the most part hidden when used to outline an image! Oh . . . and your card is uber creative, too! Very witty! Thanks so much for sharing your talent!!

Ellis said...

Stunning card you created! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Loz said...

WOW!!! I Love this card and the beautiful scene Snoopy..Loz

Snoopy said...

Thanks so much, Cathy! I bet he would love it. ~ Snoopy :D

Snoopy said...

I know! I used to think of this as such a peaceful stamp until I met all these hunters. Now I just look at it and think ... Man Card ...lol. Thanks for commenting. ~ Snoopy :D

Snoopy said...

Thanks so much, Beth. I just couldn't let that card go out without showing off more of that paper. I just love it. ~ Snoopy :D

Snoopy said...

Thanks so very much, Elenor! ~ Snoopy :D

Snoopy said...

Thanks so much, Lozzie! I'm so glad you liked it. ~ Snoopy :D

Shuly said...

SUPERB!!!!

Snoopy said...

Thanks bunches, Shuly! ~ Snoopy :D