Monday, November 10, 2014

CHRISTMAS STOCKING COIN PURSE

Hello and welcome! I am always on the look out for Christmas craft projects and I spotted this one last July at Repeat Crafter Me (free pattern)


Isn't this the sweetest little purse ever? As soon as I saw it, I knew I had to make some for my girls and me to keep our Christmas spending money in.


This was my very first time crocheting a stocking of any kind, but I found the instructions to be very easy to read and understand so I went boldly forth ...lol.


I found the Snap Clasps at Amazon and they were $7.99 for a pack of 5 when I bought them. The only difficulty I had in attaching the clasp was finding a needle with an eye large enough for the yarn yet narrow enough to pass easily through the holes. It took some trial and error, but once I found the right needle, attaching it was a piece of cake.


The clasps have a tiny ring on one side so I made sure to put it on the right side when attaching the clasp and I've added a different charm to each ring so we'll know whose purse is whose when the time comes. I got the charms on Ebay and they were 8/$0.99 (search for Tibetan Silver Charms and you should find them). 

All in all it turned out to be a very cute (and economical) project if I do say so myself. I can't wait to give them to the girls.

Thanks so much stopping by!
Hugs,
Snoopy :D

12 comments :

ellyscard creatief said...

Lovely projects.
Gr Elly

Asha said...

Oh my word!!!! How cute is that purse... and a great gift idea too. Thanks for sharing, Snoopy.
hugs, Asha

Snoopy said...

Thanks so much, Elly! I love making practical presents. It's like giving someone a little hug every time they use it. ~ Snoopy :D

Snoopy said...

Thanks so much, Asha! I loved it as soon as I saw it and put it on my Must Do list. ~ Snoopy :D

Lenoria said...

This is such a cute idea, I only wish I could crochet! I would love to be able to make some of these to give to my two granddaughters who would rather have money to go shopping with to hit the after Christmas sales. I know your girls will love them!

Ellis said...

Wonderful little purse, great job you made! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Sue from Oregon said...

Oh fun!!!!...I have to admit-I knit one slipper when I was in high school-and never finished the other one! It is still haunting me 40+ years later LOL!

Loz said...

This is fabulous Snoopy...Loz

Snoopy said...

Thanks so much, Lenoria! I did see some cute sock purses at the Dollar Tree. You might want to check those out for your granddaughters. ~ Snoopy :D

Snoopy said...

Thanks bunches, Elenor! ~ Snoopy :D

Snoopy said...

Thanks a bunch, Sue! I know what you mean. I have a few UFOs (unfinished objects) just like that but I won't get rid of them. I'm still hoping that ONE DAY, I'll actually be able to finish them ... lol. We can dream, right? ~ Snoopy :D

Snoopy said...

Thanks so very much, Lozzie! ~ Snoopy :D