Monday, November 17, 2014

HOUSE MOUSE AND FRIENDS MONDAY CHALLENGE #183 ~ "ADD A LITTLE SPARKLE"

Hello and welcome! I'm so very pleased to have you join me as a Guest Designer for House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge. This fortnight's challenge is

http://housemouse-challenge.blogspot.com/2014/11/challenge-hmfmc183-add-little-sparkle.html

and for it I created my own sparkly papers. 

(click on photo for larger view)
    
I stamped and colored my images, covered them in Versa Mark, sprinkled on some Heat and Stick powder (SU!) and heated it with my heat gun. Once it was heated, I added some Prisma Glitter (CTMH) and heated it again to set the glitter. That's all there is to it and the result is this fabulously SPARKLY paper that doesn't shed glitter. 

(click on photo for larger view)
  
Then I used the paper and my Gold Labels Four dies (Spellbinders) to make a Shaker Card. I attached my House Mouse image to the front of the shaker with a ribbon so it could be lifted to reveal the full window (which I filled with Tinsel Glitter, Prisma Glitter and punched snowflakes).

(click on photo for larger view)

Here's a close up of the shaker part of the card which rests on the front of the card.

(click on photo for larger view)

OK, you've seen my sparkly creation. Now it's your turn to ...

 

Come on over to House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge (#HMFMC183) and join the fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Hugs,

28 comments :

Loz said...

Gorgeous card and design and I Love you sparkly papers Snoopy..Loz

Snoopy said...

Thanks so much, Lozzie! This was my first time making them and I was more than a little nervous about stamping the Versa Mark over all of my detailed coloring but it really worked well and I can't wait to do it again! ~ Snoopy :D

Ellis said...

Fantastic card and sparkle you created! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Snoopy said...

Thanks bunches, Elenor! It was a lot of fun, although my dog might disagree. He likes to sleep at my feet while I work and when I was done he was quite the sparkly pup! ~ Snoopy :D

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Snoopy :-) I love this image and the sparkly papers and colours are fabulous !!! This looks amazing !! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Cathy Kuntz said...

Oh Wow Snoopy, I love it. That card is just plain adorable. I love it, what an awesome card. Hugs,

Snoopy said...

Thanks so very much, Lols! I really wanted it to be special. ~ Snoopy :D

Snoopy said...

Thanks bunches, Cathy! It was a lot of fun to do. ~ Snoopy :D

Jean Chaney said...

I really like how you made that paper sparkle. Too bad I didn't read this before I went out and bought some glitter paper yesterday! Making a shaker card is on my list too. I love yours!

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

That house mouse image is just too cute and perfect with the sparkle. Great job Snoopy!

Four11Lady said...

Lovely card! And I just love the sparkle.............TFS!

Snoopy said...

You definitely should give it a go, Jean! You'll be so pleased. Thanks for your sweet comment. ~ Snoopy :D

Snoopy said...

Thanks bunches, Holley! ~ Snoopy :D

Snoopy said...

Thanks so very much! ~ Snoopy :D

Heather said...

A gorgeous card Snoopy, you've created a beautiful sparkling background papers and a fabulous shaker card with an adorable image!!

hugs
Heather xx

Snoopy said...

Thanks so very much, Heather! I love all things sparkly so this was an especially fun challenge for me. ~ Snoopy :D

Gilly said...

I love it Leena...well done my friend...HUGS Gilly XX

Snoopy said...

Thanks so much, sweetie! ~ Snoopy :D

ellyscard creatief said...

Beautiful card Snoopy[Leena?]
Thanks for the tip that I was a winner on Tracy's blog
Gr Elly

Asha said...

A sparkly card, no doubt. But to me it looks like a generous dusting of sugar... and how delicious is that gingerbread house! All that sugary sweetness, oh my! I do love a sparkly Christmas creation especially if it's sweet and sparkly confection! And speaking of sweet ... I received your candy today YAY! Isn't that the sweetest surprise of the day. Thank you so very much Snoopy. You are generous to fault, my friend. <3
hugs, Asha

Snoopy said...

Thanks so much, Elly! To answer your question, Leena is a nickname I've been given by my dear friends in Australia and it makes me smile every time I read it. ~ Snoopy :D

Snoopy said...

That is exactly the look I was hoping for ... sugary sweet goodness on a gingerbread house. You know me so well, Asha! Enjoy your goodies. ~ Snoopy :D

chrissy xx said...

Awhh! What a sweetie this is! So busy building their little house! So much 'sugar' there to lol..
I LOve your shaker card and such pretty colours.
Chrissyxx
This little dog that follows me always brings a smile Snoopy x

Snoopy said...

So glad you like it, Chrissy! I love it when I can make someone smile. ~ Snoopy :D

Ellie said...

So cute! Love the sparkle!

Snoopy said...

Thanks so very much, Ellie! ~ Snoopy :D

Dot said...

A gorgeous card, such an adorable image and so beautiful with all the sparkling, great to have you with us as a GDT,
Hugs Dorte

Snoopy said...

Thanks so very much, Dorte! It's such a joy to be a part of the team. ~ Snoopy :D