Monday, December 1, 2014

HOUSE MOUSE & FRIENDS MONDAY CHALLENGE #184 ~ "CHRISTMAS AND/OR NEW YEAR"

Hello and welcome! I am so very pleased to have you join me as Guest Designer for House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge. This challenge will go on for the entire month of December and the theme is Christmas and/or New Years. For this challenge I created a House Mouse Bendi Card.

snoopys homemade fun house mouse bendi card
(click on photo for larger view)

     
I was debating which images to use to make my little scene and I decided that these adorable little sledding mice would be bowling for peppermints with with three mousey judges looking on from their candy cane stands.
   
(click on photo for larger view)
     
If you're not familiar with a Bendi Card, it's a free standing card that opens like this. You can find the tutorial for this style of card at Splitcoast Stampers ... HERE.

(click on photo for larger view)
     
Here's a close up of the sledders. Now this is how you get your Christmas tree home.
    
(click on photo for larger view)
  
I punched out some peppermints and stacked them for the sledders. Then I added glossy accents to the peppermints and the candy canes to give them some shine. I used a white gel pen to add some snow and finished it off with a red and white twine bow in the top corner.
 
(click on photo for larger view)
    
I'd like to invite you to come on over and join the fun at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge. You have all month to enter and there are some fabulous prizes for the winners.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
 Hugs,

22 comments :

Jean Chaney said...

I've never seen a bendy card, but I like it. I also like how you combined images to make your own scene. Very nice!

Sue said...

What a beautiful scene and card you have created. Wonderful images and love
the story you tell to go along with it. Have to try this bendi card, looks fabulous.
Has been so much fun having you join us on the design team for the past couple
of months. Thanks for your contributions and inspiration.

Hugs
Sue

Dot said...

Love the winter scene you have created, cute images and a great card fold, thanks for sharing the link.
hugs Dorte

Snoopy said...

Thanks so much, Jean! They are a lot of fun to create. ~ Snoopy :D

Snoopy said...

Thanks so very much, Sue! It has been such a pleasure to be on the team. You are all so sweet and talented. It has been an honor to be counted among you for these two months. ~ Snoopy :D

Snoopy said...

Thanks bunches, Dorte! You know me ... I can't keep a good thing to myself. I just had to share so everyone can have some fun making them. ~ Snoopy :D

Sparkly Engineer said...

I had just stopped by the blog to see your card and wrote a quick note to the HM girls about it. This is fab. You so rock as guest designer. BTW those peppermint props are wonderful.

Snoopy said...

Thanks so much, sweetie! You are such an encouragement to me. ~ Snoopy :D

Asha said...

Aaaaw! Aren't they adorable. Especially the little guy in the right swinging by his teeth, it would appear! LOL. The dimension on this card makes it extra special. This really is a sweet little card, Snoopy. And congrats for bagging the GD spot... a well deserved honour!
hugs, Asha

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Snoopy :-) I love the images you used and the bendy design is fabulous ! I never saw one like this and LOVE IT !

It has been a pleasure having you along with us and we will miss you too ! xx

luv
Lols x x x

Heather said...

An adorable card, a lovely design and I love the scene you've - your fun images are just stunning and great details!!

hugs
Heather xx

Ellis said...

Wonderful card you made and great fold! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Cathy Kuntz said...

You are absolutely amazing Snoopy, that card is so awesome. You deserve to be DT . You are such an inspiration. I am so glad you are part of my life. Hugs, Cathy K

Snoopy said...

Thanks so very much, Asha! It's truly a dream come true for me. ~ Snoopy :D

Snoopy said...

Thanks so much, Lols! It's been such an honor. I will definitely miss you too! ~ Snoopy :D

Snoopy said...

Thank you very much, Heather! Those mousies are so much fun to play with. ~ Snoopy :D

Snoopy said...

Thanks bunches, Elenor! It was fun to make. ~ Snoopy :D

Snoopy said...

Thanks so much, sweetie! I truly appreciate the vote of confidence. ~ Snoopy :D

Jen said...

I love how you combined the two stamps on your card. Very clever! I haven't tried a bendi card yet, might be next on my list. Thanks for the inspiration, it's lovely!

Snoopy said...

Thanks so much, Jen! You should definitely give it a go. I think you'll really enjoy it. ~ Snoopy :D

April said...

What a fun card! I love the Bendi style. Great job!

Snoopy said...

Thanks bunches, April! ~ Snoopy :D