Thursday, January 15, 2015

BEACH CARD ~ ALCOHOL MARBLING TECHNIQUE

Hello and welcome! I hope you are all well. We've had the flu bug here and it has not been fun. That's why you haven't seen many cards so far this year. I didn't want to contaminate any supplies or cards. I'm back in action now and I decided to try the Alcohol Marker Marbling Technique from Splitcoast Stampers. You scribble colors on a plastic bag (I used a ziploc), spray the ink with rubbing alcohol, then place glossy cardstock face down in the ink to make a background.

(click on photo for larger view)
I thought I would do mine in shades of aqua and brown to make a beach inspired background and I'm really pleased with how it came out. The background paper is the Sea Glass collection from Kay & Co., the rub-ons are the Mini Marks Summer set from American Crafts, the starfish brad was in my collection (probably purchased at Michaels) and I made the Celtic Heart Knot with double strands of catfish line using this tutorial.

Thanks so very much for stopping by!
Hugs,

14 comments :

Ellie said...

What an amazing card! I haven't tried this technique yet. Love how it looks!

Snoopy said...

Thanks so much, Ellie! ~ Snoopy :D

Sue from Oregon said...

This is super super cool!!!

Snoopy said...

Thanks so much, Sue! ~ Snoopy :D

Ellis said...

Beautiful beach card you made, great technique! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Four11Lady said...

Lovely card! I love this technique and will have to try it. Thank you for sharing.

Cathy Kuntz said...

That is absolutely beautiful. I love it. Wow, we used to do something similar with shaving cream and ink refills . I love your card Sweetie . I must try this. ❤️😃

Asha said...

WOW! That is is awesome, Snoopy. LOVE the marbled look. Your composition is really classy. The rope and knot... perfect touch! Have a fab weekend and stay warm.
hugs, Asha

Snoopy said...

Thanks so much, Elenor! Give that sweet little baby of yours a snuggle from me. ~ Snoopy :D

Snoopy said...

You are very welcome. You should definitely give it a go. It's a lot of fun and so quick too! ~ Snoopy :D

Snoopy said...

Thanks so much, sweetie! I never did try the shaving cream technique. Will have to check that one out. ~ Snoopy :D

Snoopy said...

Thanks so much, Asha! You have a wonderful weekend too, my friend. ~ Snoopy :D

cotnob said...

This is fabulous Snoopy, such a brilliant technique.
Pauline
x

Snoopy said...

Thanks ever so much, Pauline! ~ Snoopy :D