Wednesday, January 28, 2015

"FABULOUS YOU" WATERCOLOR BIRTHDAY CARD #1

Hello and welcome! I was making some January birthday cards for some fabulous ladies and decided to break out the watercolors and have some fun! I stamped and embossed the image from the Close to My Heart "Fabulous You" stamp set on some paper from my Canson XL Multi Media pad. Then I colored background with Pearlescent Watercolors and the image with Derwent Inktense Pencils and water. (This was my first time using the Inktense Pencils and I have to say I am very pleased with them.)

(click on photo for larger view)
I die cut the image with Spellbinders Stately Circles, layered it on Painted Fancy DP from Recollections and Soft Subtles Cardstock from SU!. Then I added some punched corners and bling from my stash. 
 
(click on photo for larger view)

As a final touch, I took another piece of the decorative paper and used my Envelope Punch Board to make a matching envelope. Project complete!

I hope today's project has inspired you to break out the watercolors and have some fun. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Hugs,


9 comments :

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful card Snoopy I'm you newest follower.

Gr karin

Beth Brovold said...

Oh this is beautiful and elegant Snoopy!! I love the matching envelope...the perfect finishing touch!!
Take care,
Beth

Ellis said...

Gorgeous card you made and fab coloring! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Four11Lady said...

Exquisite...........well done!

Asha said...

So so pretty, Snoopy. Love the delicate image and your water-colouring is flawless. It will be much appreciated!
hugs, Asha

Cathy Kuntz said...

Oh Snoopy, I love it. It is so precious and the soft colors and the pearl and the saying is awesome. I love the beautiful bird on the flowers. Yes, this is a keeper for sure.

Loz said...

Beautiful card and matching envelope Snoopy..Loz

Sue from Oregon said...

Love this matchy matchy set!

April Rogers said...

What a lovely set Snoopy!
And Thank you for all you share both on your blog and on free digital stamps. You are very much Appreciated!!
XO Nana