Thursday, January 1, 2015

HOUSE MOUSE & FRIENDS MONDAY CHALLENGE #184 ~ "CHRISTMAS AND/OR NEW YEAR"

Happy New Year! I think I've finally recovered everything from my hard drive crash, my ankle is on the mend from my fall 2 weeks ago and this never ending cold may just be winding down so it's definitely time to start making cards again. So let's start the year off with a House Mouse card.

(click on photo for larger view)
This is a Double Dutch Fold card. The top flap lifts up and then the two side bars open up to reveal your message.

(click on photo for larger view)
I've made my card 5 1/2" square so the card stock measures 9 1/2" x 5 1/2" (scored at 5 1/2") and the band around the bottom measures 11" x 1 3/4" (scored at 2 3/4" and 8 1/4").

(click on photo for larger view)
Here it is fully open. This was so much fun to make. I wasn't sure if I was allowed to enter this challenge since I'm a Guest Designer but since they are looking for a full-time Designer this time around, Christine said she didn't see any reason why I couldn't make a separate project and enter it. Needless to say, I am thrilled at having the chance and am entering this in the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge HMFMC184 (DT).

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Hugs,

10 comments :

Sue said...

What a wonderful New Years card you have created! They are sure partying up a storm, love it. The fancy fold is wonderful too. Just a delightful card all round. Glad things are looking up for you after your computer mishap and a fall, yikes!! Glad you played along!

Hugs
Sue

Snoopy said...

Thanks bunches, Sue! I really liked the look of this fold (so playful) which, of course, reminded me of the mice ...lol. It seemed like a good fit to me. So glad you liked it. ~ Snoopy :D

Edwina said...

Now, Snoopy, Did you build the snoopy with doghouse snow image? I love it whether you did or not. Your card is so pretty. I love Dutch Fold cards. They look great no matter the theme. Yours is so cheerful. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

Cathy Kuntz said...

What an awesome card and an awesome idea. Who wouldn't want to receive that card for their birthday Love it Sweetie, and thank you for the link. Hugs, Cathy K

Asha said...

That is a fun idea for a card. And the images of the mice having a grand ol' time is just perfect to ring in the new year... although having a bunch of mice running around on new year's day my just freak me out a tad! LOL. Glad to hear you're on the mend. HAPPY NEW YEAR, my friend!
hugs, Asha

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Snoopy :-) Love the image and the dutch fold, I never saw one of these before ! the whole design is fabulous ! :-)

Love the Snoopy snow sculpture too ,,, haha :-)

Good Luck :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Snoopy said...

I wish we got that much snow ...lol! No, this dog house was made after a blizzard hit Japan. Thanks for your sweet comment. ~ Snoopy :D

Snoopy said...

Thanks so much, Cathy! I had fun making it. ~ Snoopy :D

Snoopy said...

Thanks so much, Asha and I couldn't agree more. The only mice I want in my craft room are from House Mouse ...lol. ~ Snoopy :D

Snoopy said...

Thanks so very much, Lols! It's a lot of fun to make ... you should definitely give it a go. ~ Snoopy :D