Friday, January 2, 2015

HOUSE MOUSE & FRIENDS MONDAY CHALLENGE #184 ~ "CHRISTMAS AND/OR NEW YEAR"

Hello and welcome! As I mentioned yesterday, I wasn't sure if I was allowed to enter this challenge since I'm a Guest Designer but since they are looking for a full-time Designer this time around, Christine said she didn't see any reason why I couldn't make a separate project and enter it. So, I am beyond thrilled at having the chance to enter this in the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge HMFMC184 (DT).

(click on photo for larger view)
For this card I decided to make a Screen Divider Card using the SU! Word Window punch to get the detail at the bottom of the screen.

(click on photo for larger view)
For this panel I hand cut the House Mouse image and each of those tiny pieces of confetti so I could layer it all on the background paper.

(click on photo for larger view)
I used a tiny alphabet set I got in the dollar bin at Michaels to stamp out my sentiment and added more hand cut confetti and some SU! bling to add a little sparkle.

(click on photo for larger view)
For the next two panels, I divided one image up (again, cutting out all the pieces and hand placing them on the background paper) and added a printed sentiment to go with the image.

(click on photo for larger view)
Finally, I tied it all up with some baker's twine from RRR and added a few gold peel-offs to the bottom of the screens to give them a finished look. This was so much fun to do and I'm so glad I get to share it with all of you.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Hugs,

27 comments :

Sparkly Engineer said...

Snoopy can I say how impressed I am. Yes, I can. I love the way you used the two different images together and the way you split the second image is awesome.

Snoopy said...

Thanks so much, sweetie! ~ Snoopy :D

Sue from Oregon said...

This is just darling Snoopy! I love this screen card...must give it a go! ♥ Sue K

Papierkram said...

Hello Snoopy, eine wundervolle Karte ist das.
LG Beate

Sue said...

WOW, that is a lot of fussy cutting, but how wonderful kit turned out. Love the colors you chose, and the four panel card is awesome. Great job. Glad you joined in again!!!

Hugs
Sue

Snoopy said...

Thanks so much, Sue! I think you'd have a lot of fun with the one. ~ Snoopy :D

Snoopy said...

Vielen Dank, Beate! ~ Snoopy :D

Snoopy said...

Thanks bunches, Sue! It's always a pleasure to join in the mousey fun. ~ Snoopy :D

KarinsArtScrap said...

thanks Snoopy this card is gorgeous and thank you for your comment on splitcoast.
Gr Karin

Snoopy said...

You are so welcome, Karin! Your cards are so inspiring. ~ Snoopy :D

Edwina said...

Snoopy, I just love this card. I have got to learn to make one of these. Yours is just so adorable. I love the images on it. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

Cathy Kuntz said...

Snoopy, I love this , this is so awesome. wow, what a card. Great card Sweetie, hugs, Cathy k

Dot said...

Beautiful creation, Snoopy, love the images you have used.
Thank you for joining us at the House-Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.
hugs Dorte

Asha said...

Eeeek! Too cute, Snoopy.... I hope to see you on the DT roll call soon. Can't think of a more deserving (or talented) crafter for the job. Looking forward to some good news, my friend ... fingers crossed for you.
hugs, Asha

Christine said...

Stunning celebration mousey creation great images & design lovely work..good luck in the DT selection..xx

Thanks for sharing with us at House Mouse & Friends Mon. chall this time.

smiles Christine x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Snoopy :-) I totally love the whole design of this !! STUNNING !! :-)

Good Luck with the DT call :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Snoopy said...

Thanks, Edwina! It's really easy to do and I think you'd really enjoy making one. You should definitely give it a go. ~ Snooopy :D

Snoopy said...

Thanks so much, Cathy! You are such an encouragement. ~ Snoopy :D

Snoopy said...

Thanks so much, Dorte! It was my pleasure. ~ Snoopy :D

Snoopy said...

Oh, Asha, you sure know how to give a girl hope! Thanks for always being so positive and encouraging. It means so very much to me. ~ Snoopy :D

Snoopy said...

Thanks ever so much, Christine! It is such a joy to create with these little mousies. ~ Snoopyh :D

Snoopy said...

Thanks bunches, Lols! I really had fun with this one. ~ Snoopy :D

Becky said...

Fabulous card, I love the design.

Snoopy said...

Thanks so much, Becky! ~ Snoopy :D

Lori Barnett said...

I am THRILLED to have you join our team! I love your work! YAY!!! (((hugs)))

Snoopy said...

Thanks so much, Lori! I am thrilled to be here. ~ Snoopy :D

Robin said...

I know you'll get the designer spot! Your card is so adorable and all that cutting, oh my!