Monday, February 16, 2015

HOUSE MOUSE AND FRIENDS MONDAY CHALLENGE #188 ~ "FRIENDS"

Hello and welcome to another House Mouse Monday! We have a brand new challenge for you this week.


House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge #188
Our sweet and talented Teamie, Sue Kment has chosen the theme:


For my card, I stamped this adorable Mice & Co. Cat Wash image, colored it with Prismacolor Pencils and Odorless Mineral Spirits and mounted it on a Center Step Card base covered in Recollections Painted Fancy decorative paper.

(click on photo for larger view)

I've yet to meet a cat who will submit willingly to a bath of any kind so I decided this one must've fought it tooth and nail and added some claw shaped punctures to either side of the panel and scraped down along the panel to show our poor soggy kitty's futile attempts at resistance.
 
(click on photo for larger view)

Next, I took out my trusty bottle of glossy accents and went to town adding dimension to each and every water drop and bath bubble. The sheen it gives is so realistic in real life and makes you want to touch them to see if they're real.

(click on photo for larger view)

For my embellishments, I cut a sliver from a real sponge and a small section of terry cloth to have on stand-by for our little mousey groomers.


The sentiment is from Stampin' Up!'s Totally Tool set and seemed quite appropriate for these caring friends.

(click on photo for larger view)

That's my card for this week. Why not stop over at HMFMC and see all the amazing cards from my fellow Teamies? I promise, you will not be disappointed.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
THIS CHALLENGE IS
PROUDLY SPONSORED BY:

The ONE and ONLY, Official Mousey Family ...
Offering one lucky player a $20 Gift Certificate to HMD.

~ ~ ~ AND ~ ~ ~

 We are very proud to welcome back, Heidi and Simon Says Stamp!
Simon Says Stamp is generously giving away a RANDOM ASSORTMENT of some of their Premium Dye Ink Pads to one very lucky player! 
Simon Says Stamp has over 100,000 items in stock along with the latest and greatest releases from Magnolia, Whiff of Joy, Tim Holtz, Spellbinders, Copic, House Mouse Designs, and so much more. With such an amazing variety, plus awesome deals on shipping, it's always a good time to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp store.

~ ~ ~ AND BY ~ ~ ~


http://www.disdigistamps.com/

One Lucky Winner will receive a fabulous $12 voucher to shop at  Di's DigiStamps


Awesome Prizes, huh?  Be sure to visit our Sponsors shops to check out their products then enter a project into this challenge for your chance to win!  :)
Please note that all Shipping, Taxes and Fees will be the sole responsibility of the winner.
   ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Come and join the fun at

I am entering this in:


Thanks so much for stopping by!
Hugs,

19 comments :

Lauren Hatwell said...

Great card! I love all your details. Lx

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous card Snoopy, such a fun image and lots of lovely details - a brilliant design.
Pauline
x

Beth Brovold said...

Hi Snoopy...absolutely AMAZING card!!! The claw marks down the sides...what a great idea!!! Your poor little kitty and sweet mice are perfectly coloured...and that sentiment...love it!! What a wonderful way to showcase "Friends"!!!
Take care,
Beth

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful card Snoopy
Gr Karin

Sue said...

Snoopy, aaa, yay, agree about a kitty never liking a bath and he does not look happy about his friends trying to clean him up. Awesome card, and love all your details, from the scratch marks to the sponge and wash cloth. So darn cute.

Hugs
Sue

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Snoopy :-) the image is adorable and I love the scratch marks, sponge and towel details !! the whole design is brilliant !! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Heather said...

An adorable card Snoopy, brilliant colouring of the adorable image (poor kitty) a lovely design and your detailing is stunning!!

hugs
Heather xx

Dot said...

Gorgeous card,Snoopy, the image is so cute....I love the funny details you have added.
hugs Dorte

Lenoria said...

I love this card! But I especially LOVE the little guys writing your sponsorship at the bottom of the page and the ones in the shoe!

Ellis said...

Lovely card you made and perfect for the theme! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Virginia Lu said...

Oh my goodness! How CUTE is this card! Love your coloring and use of image! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “All Creatures Great and Small” Challenge!

Asha said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this card, Snoopy. Kitty getting a good scrub down... too cute!
hugs, Asha

Cathy Kuntz said...

What an adorable card. You are right , I havenever seen a willing cat for a bath. Love your card and the scratch marks are an awesome touch. Hugs, Cathy

Sue from Oregon said...

Those fun little embellies (sponge and towel) just crack me up...how perfect! This is such a fun and vibrantly colored card Snoopy-makes me smile! ♥ Sue Kment

Holly Young said...

This is darling. I love the cat scratch marks on the sides - pure genius!

Loz said...

This is soo CUTE snoopy. I Love the image and the scratch marks made me laugh..Loz

Diane said...

Great fun Snoopy and your little embellishments are brill !!

hugs Diane xx

Robin said...

I have a lot of house mouse stamps and I love them all. Your card is so precious. I love cats (as well as the house mice ) and this card just calls to me. Great job with the embellishments. Your creativity had to be in overdrive!

Bad Kitty said...

gorgeous card