Friday, February 13, 2015

HOUSE MOUSE BIRTHDAY CARD ~ SC527

Hello and welcome! I had so much fun with this week's sketch at Splitcoast Stampers on yesterday's card that I had to use it again for this card. Today's card is for a Scrabble aficionado, so I planned my card around this Scrabble themed Happy Birthday paper that I had in my stash from a prize I won.

(click on photo for larger view)

This adorable House Mouse image called "The Thinker" was the next piece of the puzzle. I colored it with Prismacolor Pencils and added a "29" in rub-ons to the flower pot so that everyone who sees this card will know that the recipient is still 29 (and not one day older ...lol). Then I inked up the edges with Distress Inks and cut it out with the Opulent Ovals Nestabilities.

(click on photo for larger view)

I used more paper from the Simple Stories Vintage Bliss paper pack and added this beautiful Martha Stewart butterfly to go with the papers and add a little "bling".

(click on photo for larger view)

I am entering this in:

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Hugs,

10 comments :

cotnob said...

A gorgeous card Snoopy, such an adorable image and your papers are perfect for your Scrabble aficionado friend.
Pauline
x

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful card Snoopy
Gr Karin

Ellis said...

Wonderful card you made and the scrabble paper is great for the background. What brand is the paper?
Hugs, Elenor

Cathy Kuntz said...

Oh my gosh, I love it, it is absolutely adorable. What an awesome card thank you for showing it to us hugs to you.

Snoopy said...

Sorry, Elenor, I don't know the answer to that. It came in a package of goodies that I won in a Blog Hop.

Thanks so much for commenting. Give that sweet baby a gentle hug from me. :D

Hugs,
Snoopy :D

Edwina said...

Aww! This card is so adorable. I love your mouse house cards. I wish they had digis. I would love some of these cute images. Edwina Brown

Heather said...

Hi Snoopy - a gorgeous card, a lovely design and such pretty papers - your little mousie is adorable and great colouring!!

hugs
Heather xx
.....and thanks so much for joining in with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge

Loz said...

Fabtastic card Snoopy..Loz

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Snoopy :- )super cute image and I love the papers and how you have the number stamped on the plant pot :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Asha said...

Oh Snoopy ..... he's adorable! Just want to rub his belly! Too cute!
hugs, Asha