Monday, February 23, 2015

MID-WAY REMINDER FOR HOUSE MOUSE AND FRIENDS MONDAY CHALLENGE #188 ~ "FRIENDS"

Hello and welcome to House Mouse Monday! We're half way through the "Friends" challenge with a reminder to come and join the fun.

For my card this week I chose the Blowing Bubbles stamp. It reminds me so much of when my children were small and an older cousin would ride her bike up to the house to play with them. Whether it was story books, running in the sprinkler, sidewalk chalk or blowing bubbles ... playing with their cousin was always a sweet adventure.

(click on photo for larger view)

Before I even stamped the image, I took out my Irregular Dots stencil from Simon Says Stamp to make a background with Tim Holtz Distress Inks. I absolutely love the look of this stencil and it's so much fun to play with.

(click on photo for larger view)

Next, I stamped the image and started working on the bubbles with my Copic Markers and Glossy Accents.

(click on photo for larger view)

Once the bubbles were done, I colored the rest of the image with Prismacolor Pencils and Odorless Mineral Spirits. I cut it out with Opulent Ovals, inked the edges and mounted everything on my background paper and Recollections Painted Fancy decorative paper with a few embellishments.

(click on photo for larger view)
That's my card for this week. Why not stop over at HMFMC and see all the amazing cards from my fellow Teamies? I promise, you will not be disappointed.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
THIS CHALLENGE IS
PROUDLY SPONSORED BY:

The ONE and ONLY, Official Mousey Family ...
Offering one lucky player a $20 Gift Certificate to HMD.

~ ~ ~ AND ~ ~ ~

 We are very proud to welcome back, Heidi and Simon Says Stamp!
Simon Says Stamp is generously giving away a RANDOM ASSORTMENT of some of their Premium Dye Ink Pads to one very lucky player! 
Simon Says Stamp has over 100,000 items in stock along with the latest and greatest releases from Magnolia, Whiff of Joy, Tim Holtz, Spellbinders, Copic, House Mouse Designs, and so much more. With such an amazing variety, plus awesome deals on shipping, it's always a good time to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp store.

~ ~ ~ AND BY ~ ~ ~


http://www.disdigistamps.com/

One Lucky Winner will receive a fabulous $12 voucher to shop at  Di's DigiStamps


Awesome Prizes, huh?  Be sure to visit our Sponsors shops to check out their products then enter a project into this challenge for your chance to win!  :)
Please note that all Shipping, Taxes and Fees will be the sole responsibility of the winner.
   ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Come and join the fun at

I am entering this in:

Hugs,

15 comments :

Asha said...

Oh the bubbles!!!.... So beautifully done! How realistic. And I LOVE the texture and shine, Snoopy!
hugs, Asha

Beth Brovold said...

Oh my word this is fabulous Snoopy!! I love your technique...the colours are beautiful and that sweet image is done to perfection!!! Have yourself a fabulous day Snoopy!!
Take care,
Beth

Heather said...

An adorable card Snoopy - a gorgeous design and papers. Fabulous beautifully coloured image - I love your shiny bobbles and the bubble on the background papers!!

hugs
Heather xx

Cathy Kuntz said...

Snoopy, I love this, awesome, awesome, awesome and thank you for showing us how. You are absolutely amazing girl. Hugs,

Sue said...

I love this stamp, and it also reminds me of when I was a kid and when my daughter was a child. Bubbles are such a magical thing. Love your background using the stencil, excellent and awesome! Really cute card, love it.

Hugs
Sue

Virginia Lu said...

Wow, the bubbles are AMAZING!! Your background is also gorgeous! Well done on using the digie images! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Add A Little Texture” Challenge!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Snoopy :-) I love this image, I bought it recently and haven't inked it up yet, thanks for the nudge ;-) I LOVE how you used the stencil to make the background design too, FABULOUS ! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful Snoopy
Gr Karin

Ellis said...

Wonderful card and perfect bubbles! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Loz said...

Fabulous card and background stencilled bubbles Snoopy..Loz

Sue from Oregon said...

Aha-that is why you were waiting for your card to dry! I love this stamp and the shiny bubbles! What a fun card to receive! ♥ Sue K

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Snoopy, your background is brilliant and you have chosen such a fun and adorable image. Great colouring - your bubbles look so real!
Pauline
x

Carol L said...

What a cute image you've chosen, and I love the stenciled background! What caught my eye first was those corners you adorned with diagonal ribbon strips - what a fun idea!

Robin said...

Your bubbles are so fabulous. They look like you could actually fall into them! Super job!

Michelle said...

What beautiful bubbles! Wonderful! Thank you for sharing your work with us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

~Michelle

http://www.michellezerull.blogspot.com