Sunday, April 26, 2015

SCRIPTURE ART JOURNAL ~ PSALM 4:8

I've been slowly venturing into the world of mixed media and even bought an art journal but I could never seem to find the right inspiration for the art. That's when I discovered Amy Helms (a.k.a. Maymay) and her Hide His Word in my heART project. The idea is that you journal one verse a week and then meditate on and memorize that verse throughout the week. You can use the verse she uses or pick your own. As for the artwork, the goal is expression ... not perfection. After all, if it was perfect, it wouldn't be art (that's my story and I'm sticking to it).

"I will both lay me down in peace and sleep: for thou, Lord, only makest me dwell in safety." Psalm 4:8

For my first piece I had a little fun with Inktense water color pencils to make a night scene. Then I used a toothbrush and some Copic White (acrylic paint) to spatter the stars into the sky. The verse is a special one to me and has comforted me many a time. I used Spica glitter pens to color in the letters for a little added sparkle. You can click on the photo for a larger view if you like.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Hugs,

18 comments :

KT Fit Kitty said...

What a beautiful idea! I love this! I have my art journal but haven't started - the first page seems to be the hardest.

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a beautiful card and gorgeous sky Snoopy
Gr Karin

Four11Lady said...

I, too have ventured into art journaling and must tell you that it is a great way of expression. I think you did a great job and thanks for sharing. God bless...........

Ellis said...

Your art journal page looks great, amazing sky you created! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Asha said...

Beautiful. Love that scripture verse.
hugs, Asha

Edwina said...

Snoopy, This is so pretty! I love the soft twilight scene you created and then the verse you used. Now this kind of journaling I like a lot. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

Snoopy said...

You're absolutely right, Kitty! It can all seem so intimidating until you dive in. Once you do, you'll find you have a ton of ideas. Just remember ... it's only a piece of paper and you can rip that puppy right out of your book if you don't like it. No pressure ... just fun! ~ Snoopy :D

Snoopy said...

Thanks so very much, Karin! ~ Snoopy :D

Snoopy said...

Thanks so much, sweetie! I was more than a little nervous posting my very first page. So glad you like it. ~ Snoopy :D

Snoopy said...

Thanks bunches, Elenor! ~ Snoopy :D

Snoopy said...

Thanks so much, Asha! That verse was so great to use when I had little ones that were having trouble sleeping at night. They learned early on that I may leave the room, but their Heavenly "Daddy" would stay behind to keep watch over them, so they knew they were never truly alone. ~ Snoopy :D

Snoopy said...

Thanks so much, Edwina! It took me awhile to find my inspiration but now I have a ton of ideas. ~ Snoopy :D

Gilly said...

Love the technique you used here Snoopy...:D.....I hope you are doing well my friend...lots of hugs Gilly XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Mel C said...

Love this Snoopy, beautifully done!

Snoopy said...

Thanks so much, Gilly! So good to hear from you. I miss you too. ~ Snoopy :D

Snoopy said...

Thanks so much, Mel! ~ Snoopy :D

Bad Kitty said...

this is gorgeous

Snoopy said...

Thanks, Kitty! ~ Snoopy :D