Wednesday, June 3, 2015

SCRIPTURE ART JOURNAL ~ PSALM 30:5

Hello and welcome to my Scripture Art Journal project. The idea is that you journal one verse a week and then meditate on and memorize that verse throughout the week. This week's verse is Psalm 30:5 "weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning." If you are going through a hard time and it seems like the night time has lasted forever ... remember, it's almost morning. Joy is right around the corner.
 
"weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning." Psalm 30:5
I used a Tim Holtz stencil (Rays) and Distress Inks (Squeezed Lemonade, Spiced Marmalade, Festive Berries, and Seedless Preserves) to create the background. Then I stamped the JOY with the Stampin' Up! Broadsheet Alphabet stamps and embossed it with WOW! Embossing Glitter (Pearl Gold Sparkle).  I wrote the rest of the verse with a gold Spica glitter pen.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Hugs,

16 comments :

Jeannie said...

I love the bright and fun colors of this! Awesome job!

Jeannie T.

Loz said...

Fabulous scripture page Snoopy..Loz

KarinsArtScrap said...

you have used great and bright colours Snoopy.
Gr Karin

Four11Lady said...

Look forward to seeing your Scripture Art Journal, and, as usual you did a great job! Love the colors and, of course...................the Word of God! Well done!

Ellis said...

Beautiful page and the rays are in lovely colors! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Snoopy said...

Thanks so much, Jeannie! Those Distress Inks are so much fun to play with and they really blend well. ~ Snoopy :D

Snoopy said...

Thanks bunches, Lozzie! Give Hardy a treat for me. ~ Snoopy :D

Snoopy said...

Thanks, Karin! They were fun to play with. ~ Snoopy :D

Snoopy said...

Thanks so much, sweetie! This one was a lot of fun to do. ~ Snoopy :D

Snoopy said...

Thanks, Elenor! I had fun picking the colors but the names of them made me a little hungry ...lol. Give that sweet baby a hug for me. ~ Snoopy :D

Kiwi said...

That's just beautiful Snoopy! By the way,I love that cute Snoopy picture with quote about prayers-do you sell any of these?

Snoopy said...

Hi, Kiwi! I do not make or sell Snoopy pictures. Any Snoopy/Peanuts pix you see on my blog were found for free through Google searches. Help yourself. ~ Snoopy :D

Asha said...

The rays are so perfect for this Scripture verse, Snoopy. It reminds me of a hymn I heard a few years ago in church sung by a visiting gospel choir. The first verse goes something like this:
"There is sunshine in my soul today,
More glorious and bright
Than glows in any earthly sky,
For Jesus is my light."
It's the perfect song for a stormy day! :) Here's the YouTube link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOcm5QgrAiQ
hugs, Asha

Snoopy said...

Thanks so much for the hymn. It really does go well with the stencil. ~ Snoopy :D

Bad Kitty said...

orgeous

Snoopy said...

Thanks, Kitty! ~ Snoopy :D