Sunday, August 30, 2015

SCRIPTURE ART JOURNAL ~ 2 CORINTHIANS 12:9

Hello and welcome to my Scripture Art Journal project. The idea is that you journal a verse and then meditate on and memorize that verse. Today's verse comes from 2 Corinthians 12:9 "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

(click on photo for larger view)

I could try to expound on the grace of God but I think this beautiful old hymn states it far better than I ever could:

HE GIVETH MORE GRACE by Annie J. Flint

He giveth more grace as our burdens grow greater,
He sendeth more strength as our labors increase;
To added afflictions He addeth His mercy,
To multiplied trials He multiplies peace.

When we have exhausted our store of endurance,
When our strength has failed ere the day is half done,
When we reach the end of our hoarded resources
Our Father’s full giving is only begun.

Fear not that thy need shall exceed His provision,
Our God ever yearns His resources to share;
Lean hard on the arm everlasting, availing;
The Father both thee and thy load will upbear.

(Chorus)
   His love has no limits, His grace has no measure,
   His power no boundary known unto men;
   For out of His infinite riches in Jesus
   He giveth, and giveth, and giveth again. 

Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope this post has inspired you. Thanks so much to the many wonderful people who have been such an encouragement to me through these difficult times. God Bless You!

Hugs,

4 comments :

Bad Kitty said...


have a nice day
hugs

Asha said...

The first two lines of the chorus says it all. Thank you so much for sharing your journey.
hugs, Asha

Snoopy von said...

Thanks, Kitty! You too. ~ Snoopy :D

Snoopy von said...

Thanks for sharing it with me! ~ Snoopy :D