Tuesday, December 1, 2015

MY CRAFT ROOM

I've gotten a lot of compliments on the photo in my header and questions about my Craft Room ... which sort of makes me giggle. Most people assume that what they see in the picture is a SMALL part of a big studio. Here's the scoop:
  

My stamping space is located on my side of a very small master bedroom. I gave up the space where I should've had a dresser and blocked the bedroom access to the bathroom so I could put in some JetMax and Recollections storage cubes. I topped them off with a closet shelf from Lowes to make the counter. The actual space is 8 feet wide and 14 inches deep.
   

There's barely two feet between the bed and the craft space; just enough room to spin in my chair. When I'm crafting, I put my papers and paper trimmer on my bed and use it as an extended craft space.
  
 
People also comment on how neat and tidy it all is. With such limited space, it really has to be clutter free or I'd have no space to work. As soon as I use something, it has to go back away to make room for the next thing I want to use and it all has to get cleared afterwards so I can go to bed ...lol.
It would be nice to have a real craft room someday, meanwhile I'm very thankful for the space I have and a husband who doesn't mind this large addition to our tiny bedroom.

  
Thanks so much for stopping by. If you have any questions, please leave a comment below.
Hugs,
Snoopy :D

16 comments :

Loz said...

You have spoilt my image of your large beautiful tidy craft room Snoopy. Your SMALL craft room is lovely..Loz

Snoopy von said...

Thanks, Lozzie! ~ Snoopy :D

vinita jain said...

Thanks for showing your craft room space so cleaned and beautiful! My one is more small, as I also don't have space! I kept all my things in a small cupboard and one crafting table and extended it to my bed too! But before sleeping, i cleaned up all things like you! Your craft space photo encouraged me to share my thoughts!

Snoopy von said...

I'm so glad I could be an encouragement to you since you are always encouraging me. I don't think the size of the space matters. It's what we do with it that counts. Keep on creating and don't let your space limit you. ~ Snoopy :D

Bad Kitty said...

wonderful room
>^.^<

KarinsArtScrap said...

yes it looks great and big Snoopy but you did a great job to make it this way.
but it looks gorgeoussss.
Gr Karin

Snoopy von said...

Thanks so much, Kitty! ~ Snoopy :D

Snoopy von said...

Thanks, Karin! It was a slow process. It started out with a small craft table in the corner and little by little I was able to get those cubes (when they went on sale for 50% off) and build it up. ~ Snoopy :D

Chi Cr said...

Your space is wonderful Snoopy! A great job of using your space! I need to get mine this neat! :)

Snoopy von said...

Thanks so much Chi Cr! As long as you enjoy your space and it works for you ... that's all that really matters. ~ Snoopy :D

KT Fit Kitty said...

I've always admired your blog header! Your craft space looks amazing! I would not have guessed it is in the bedroom but I love the way you have everything organized and I love your storage space! Before I moved here, I crafted on my dining room table for many years. I like to put everything away when I'm finished crafting too - I like a neat and tidy space like you.

KT Fit Kitty said...

Forgot to say... thanks for sharing your space! I enjoyed looking at it!

Asha said...

I am so impressed and amazed at how well you've organised your craft room. So much so I've been moved into tidying up my own. I am a super messy crafter and you've put me to shame, Snoopy. Which is a good thing because I can finally walk into my space without tripping over something! :) Thank you for allowing us in.
hugs Asha

Snoopy von said...

Thanks so much, Kitty! I used to use a card table in the living room and stored my crafting supplies in the hutch ...lol. ~ Snoopy :D

Snoopy von said...

You are very welcome, sweetie! ~ Snoopy :D

Snoopy von said...

You are welcome in my craft room (real or virtual) any time, dear! ~ Snoopy :D