Thursday, February 4, 2016

I WHEELIE LIKE YOU ~ VALENTINES DAY CARD

Hello and welcome! I have a fun Valentine's Day card for you today featuring Lawn Fawn's "Handsome Hamster" stamp and die set, Simon Says Stamp's "Heart Breeze" die, My Favorite Things' "Stitched Square Stax" die, Kuretake "Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens", and Tim Holtz "Distress Inks".


I stamped the images in Versa Fine "Black Onyx" ink, colored them in with the Real Brush Pens, then used the coordinating dies to punch them out. Next I die cut a "Stitched Square", layered my images on top, and used the Simon Says Stamp "Heart Breeze" die to make a heart trail coming out from the hamster wheel. The sentiment was embossed with Red Glitter Embossing Powder that I won in some blog candy last year.

To make the background, I blended "Candied Apple", "Worn Lipstick" and "Spun Sugar" Distress Inks on Watercolor paper and sprinkled some water droplets on top and blotted them. Once it was dry, I assembled my card.

I am entering this card in:

Thanks so much for joining me today. I hope you'll come back again!

Hugs,
Snoopy

18 comments :

pamboe said...

I LOVE this Valentine! That is one of my favorite Paper Smooches stamp sets. I never would have thought of making it into a Valentine.

KarinsArtScrap said...

super cute Snoopy
Gr Karin

Bad Kitty said...

beautiful card!

Bad Kitty's Craftroom
>^.^<

Loz said...

This is Super CUTE Snoopy..Loz

Snoopy von said...

I love the adorable image too! Thanks so much for the sweet comment. ~ Snoopy :D

Snoopy von said...

Thank you very much, Karin! ~ Snoopy :D

Snoopy von said...

Thanks bunches, Kitty! ~ Snoopy :D

Snoopy von said...

Thank you dear, Lozzie! ~ Snoopy :D

downrightcrafty said...

I wheelie love your card
hugs Kate xx

Snoopy von said...

Thanks ever so much, Kate! I wheelie appreciate your sweet comment. ~ Snoopy :D

Heather said...

A fabulous card Snoopy, a lovely CAS design with super colours.......your little wheel and hamster is adorable with gorgeous hearts!!

hugs
Heather xx

Snoopy von said...

Thank you SO MUCH, Heather! ~ Snoopy :D

debby4000 said...

What a fabulous idea to have the swirl of hearts going behind the hamster wheel, love all the sparkle too.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

Snoopy von said...

Thanks, Debby. As soon as I saw the hamster, I knew those two HAD to go together. So glad you like it. ~ Snoopy :D

downrightcrafty said...

beautiful and super sentiment
hugs Kate xx

Snoopy von said...

Thanks ever so much, Kate! ~ Snoopy :D

Asha said...

The heart trail is a very clever idea, Snoopy. I love it. The Candied Apple is the perfect red for this card too.
x Asha

Snoopy von said...

Thanks ever so much, Asha! You are always such a sweet encouragement to me. ~ Snoopy :D